Thursday, November 10, 2011

Talk to me baby

Whats a four letter word, ending in "k" that means social intercourse?

TALK

And how we talk. By text. By phone. In bed. Sometimes you can't stop long enough to let me brush my teeth. Always with hilarious results.

Sometimes when we get busy, the lines fall silent. But one text message will result in a flurry, flying back and forth, teasing, teaching, story telling. That's probably why we don't miss each other too much. Even if we're on opposite ends of the world, as our work brings us sometimes, chatty emails, instant messages, international texts are tech friends making real the connection between us that must exist in the ether.

Telling you about my day or what you heard is making love without the crassness of phone or cyber sex. I hear words like the mundane things you're doing -- grabbing some coffee on my way to my next meeting, sweetie -- but in the unspoken there is so much more. You take me with you, on your journeys, and you are with me in mine. I can watch your heart grow. I can see us in twenty years, two old people gabbing away like we hadn't seen each other in bed last night. Maybe holding hands then, instead of phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment