Thursday, November 10, 2011

For you

I'm tired of fighting you and not being able to explain that I am actually fighting for you. Fighting to keep you. Fighting to keep us together when everything I see says that we are falling apart.

But helplessly -- and I am not a helpless person -- the harder I hold on, the faster you slip away. Pride alone keeps me from screaming at you, "Why don't you love me anymore!?" Because deep inside I do not think it should be possible that the one man that I love so deeply, could choose to walk away from what we had.

I am not the first to want to believe and to compel myself to believe that I must step back and step away. That I must trust that I have loved you enough and that somewhere inside you, you still love me enough to come back. I know it may take eons -- maybe even lifetimes-- but that you will eventually come back. You always have and you always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment